Picnics at the Orchard
Tips for planning your 2014 Company Picnic:
1. Commit that there will be an employee picnic this summer
2. Set your budget for the picnic event and find out where the funding is coming from
3. Decide who you will invite; employees only, employees plus significant other, employee plus family, etc.
4. Reserve your location; LOCATION IS EVERYTHING! The more flex you have in your date the longer you can wait to reserve your location. If, however, you want a Saturday in the summer set your date EARLY. We suggest the orchard! If going to a local park find out how early you need to be there to hold your spot. Also if going to a local park arrange rental for tents, tables, chairs, table umbrellas, etc. If your group plans to use the shelter at a local park be sure that you have someone committed to arrive early and be sure that the shelter is clean.
5. Set the date for your picnic. Send out a Save the Date email or paycheck stuffer.
6. Discuss and decide on the menu for your event. Remember there may be vegetarians in your group. Are you going to set up a committee to do the cooking? At Wiard's we do the set up, the cooking and the clean up for you so that all of your employees can enjoy the day.
7. If someone in group is going to do the cooking make arrangements for grills, holding pans, utensils, fuel, grill or charcoal lighters, spices and other items needed.
8. If you are going to use a committee choose the committee members. Will the committee be volunteers or designated by position?
9. Choose a professional coordinator/planner for your event. Take the loads off your desk and put it on mine! Call Wiard’s Orchards picnic professionals 734-482-7798