about rain and picnics; I bet you know why! This has certainly been an interesting weather spring and summer so far. Wiard's Orchards is a great place to be holding your picnic if the weather decides not to cooperate with you on the day of your event. We have a large covered pavilion and some indoor shelter inside the Party Barn. We can accommodate your group rain or shine. Admittedly rain is not as much fun as sunshine, however, we will make the best of the day, keep the party going and keep folks having a good time, rain or shine. Look over the planning tips below and give me a call , Rose at Wiard's 734-482-7798
SOME SUGGESTIONS TO HELP YOU PLAN THE 2015 PICNIC
1. Commit that there will be an employee picnic this summer
2. Set your budget for the picnic event and find out where the funding is coming from
3. Decide who you will invite; employees only, employees plus significant other, employee plus family, etc.
4. Reserve your location; LOCATION IS EVERYTHING! The more flex you have in your date the longer you can wait to reserve your location. If, however, you want a Saturday in the summer set your date EARLY. We suggest the orchard!
If going to a local park find out how early you need to be there to hold your spot. Also if going to a local park arrange rental for tents, tables, chairs, table umbrellas, etc. If your group plans to use the shelter at a local park be sure that you have someone committed to arrive early and be sure that the shelter is clean.
5. Set the date for your picnic. Send out a Save the Date email or paycheck stuffer.
6. Discuss and decide on the menu for your event. Remember there may be vegetarians in your group. Are you going to set up a committee to do the cooking? At Wiard's we do the set up, the cooking and the clean up for you so that all of your employees can enjoy the day.
7. If someone in group is going to do the cooking make arrangements for grills, holding pans, utensils, fuel, grill or charcoal lighters, spices and other items needed.
8. If you are going to use a committee choose the committee members. Will the committee be volunteers or designated by position?
9. Choose a professional coordinator/planner for your event. Take the loads off your desk and put it on mine! Call Wiard’s Orchards picnic professionals 734-482-7798
10. Now is the time to write out your basic plan for entertainment: band, DJ, inflates, sports, games, etc.
11. If you are having sports do you want TEAM sports? If yes begin to set up the teams. At Wiard’s we offer softball, volleyball, horseshoes and basketball for your group, all equipment except ball gloves included.
12. Does your group want any contests at the picnic event? Pie eating, dessert raffle, card games or even hot dog eating contests we have seen them all create a lot of enthusiasm.
13. If your group decides on having contest order any awards/prize that your need about 2-3 months out. Think of items that most anyone will enjoy and add your company log to some of them,
14. If Fundraisers are big in your company the Dunk Tank might be a hit with your group. Pie in the face, the person who makes the largest donation gets to put a pie in the face of the person of their choice. Prearrange a list of willing volunteers for the winner to select a name from.
15. Discuss and decide on the beverages for your event at least one month out. Does your company allow adult beverages? Alcohol can be a draw for your employees, alcohol also adds risks. Are soft drinks provided by your caterer? Is there an additional charge for beverages? What beverages are included in the catering price?
16. One month out send out invitations and begin your information campaign. Get the word out in every way possible. Put the event flier on bulletin boards in the lunch room, offices, etc. Send the date out in emails with details showing food and entertainment. Create a full information flier to go in with the paychecks. Paychecks go home and home is a great place for the employees to have a flier.
17. One month out sign up a volunteer to take photographs at the event.
18. If your budget allows have a photographer come to the event and do family photos. Your employees will appreciate a free family photo!
19. One week before the picnic send out reminders.
20. On the day of the picnic relax and have a good time with your family and team.